Monday 18 April 2011

ROOTS & CULTURE - International Year For People Of African Descent


The United Nations have declared 2011 as the quote on quote "year of African descent" throughout the global African diaspora. I have taken it upon myself to do some illustrations that I will be later applying on to T-shirts and other mediums to support this years awareness of African heritage and culture. To be honest I haven't heard anything about this throughout media outlets which upsets me. The best thing to do would only be for me to allow others to know that this is of major importance towards ones learning of tradition, customs, political & economic awareness as well as individual representation of ones heritage.

Please take time to read - INTERNATIONAL YEAR FOR PEOPLE OF AFRICAN  DESCENT

Illustration 01

Illustration 02

Illustration 03

Illustration 04

Please share this information in relation to what this year signifies and the importance of recognising what it really means to be African. 

Love & Light
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment