Thursday 16 June 2011

PERSONA PLAQUE

Persona Plaque By Christopher T Coker

When I started Persona Illustration the vision was based upon personalising designs for clients by vectoring illustrations as one off designs that stand out as "great works". Not knowing that over time my sense of focus and application would evolve to a new ways of projecting art and illustration. In 2006 I walked away with a Ba Hons in Graphic Design and prior to that I have qualifications in Art and Design. You get to a point after you have graduated and say to yourself "what now" ? For some they may be able to know exactly what they want from their degree and run with it. For others they may be afraid of taking great leaps forward to see themselves in a better position than stacking shelves in Sainsbury's or Tesco's. For me to be honest with myself I say that I have sat in the middle whilst contemplating the next chess move of life. I know what I'm good at and know my strengths and weaknesses as an individual. Through experience I can only come to the realisation that you are alone on this Earth and must acknowledge the fact that people don't really care about anyone but themselves. This to be honest has moulded myself to become quite callus and cold as an individual due to the fact that all I have is my talent and nothing else. Not even people I know or the most high at times can even penetrate the very feelings that I have as a human being. I have excepted the fact that my talents have been given to me for a reason.



There was a time that an individual said something to me that has stayed in my very core till this day. He said, " Mariah Carey is a great singer, possibly one of the best that America has to offer to the world. She has won many awards and has made many accomplishments throughout her career as a music artist and an actress. She is the role model for many people and has influenced the minds of at least two generations. Question, what if there is somebody out there who is just as good or even better than her ? What if that person could do what she has done but better ? What if that person was the same age as her as beautiful as her and could influence the minds, hearts and souls as she has ? " Then he dropped the bombshell of a question to me. " What if that person was never discovered by the world for their talents ? "



It only makes sense to say I could be one of those people only if I let that happen. What could have been never was due to the fact that I never made that big leap or step in order to be recognised. I only know if you want help you have to help yourself because all you have is yourself. The only thing that I will die with is my gifts, and like Ray Charles, Bob Marley, Kurt Cobain, Jimmy Hendrix, Claude Monet, Leonardo Da Vinci to name a few I want to be remembered for what I am great at. Some may never have thought that they would have been revered to the world as greats for what they do. They may have not believed in themselves for the talents that they possessed. But I do know that they are and were remembered as greats.


The challenge of man is to overcome adversity, personal conflict and pain in order for one to better themselves and thrive to better heights and persever. There will always be trails and tribulations on one's journey in order for them to become stronger. Just like the carbon atoms that are pressured to become diamonds is the same process that I take on when I look at life in general. But how do you believe in yourself when others don't ? Well, I guess that the only thing you can have is tunnel vision towards the path you choose and never turn back. People are people and always will be. It's a dog eat dog world and it's cold. I have learnt that this is the only way that you can be in order to make sure that you get to where you need to be. I'm not saying that a person has to become a monster for them to become successful in what they pursue. I'm just saying that the way it is. It's born alone, die alone.


Persona Plaque By Christopher T Coker


Christopher Coker

Love & Light

R.I.P. Uncle Olu

No comments:

Post a Comment