Monday 11 July 2011

REACHING OUT / Christopher Coker

Reaching Out by Christopher Coker

Reaching Out by Christopher Coker


This piece in essence in a symbolic illustration of how much I desire my work in reaching out towards what I display. As I stated in last weeks post, I see this pattern as apart of myself and I believe it is one of my duties whilst on this planet to apply and project this in the best ways possible. It can be interpreted in many ways such as one striving towards the path of perfection or even the connection that I have with my work in making links between my thought processes and conceptual outcomes. We all know that every solid object is comprised of energy molecules that vibrate at very high speeds allowing density to occur within this third dimension. Gasses also play apart towards our existence on the planet, where as in the piece it also seems as if energy / gases are radiating / emanating outwards from myself outward. ( The hand in this piece is a picture I took of my arm to illustrate and incorporate in this piece ).  Just like in The Elephant Of The Sun Piece the sun that I carved was emanating rays of the pattern. I wanted to remain the same conceptual balance only with a hand reaching out towards the very rays that it's coming out of.




For this piece I used a new blade that allowed  me to get a very sharp and precise finish also enabling more visual clarity and detail that can be seen. The colours that were used were dark oak and red cedar, both blended bringing the pattern out in a great way and bringing a warmth to it's environment.

Total design time amounts to  8 - 9 hrs in total


 
Reaching Out by Christopher Coker

Love & Light

No comments:

Post a Comment